Let me pre-face this post by stating that you will need to make a double batch, at least. These almonds are just so good that you will probably end up eating them all before you even get them packaged.
This is one of quickest and easiest recipes to make from this series of treats. Coated in cinnamon, allspice, cloves, and plenty of sugar, a package or two of these almonds under the tree will not disappoint.
Cinnamon Spice Roasted Almond Recipe
1 lb whole almonds
1 large egg white slightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp all spice
1/4 tsp cloves
1. Pre- heat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Toss the almonds in the beaten egg white, which acts as a glue for the spices, and the vanilla.
3. Combine sugars and spices in a bowl, mix well.
4. Sprinkle half the sugar mixture over almonds and mix well. Sprinkle the rest over the almonds and continue to mix, and be sure to coat the almonds well.
5. Lightly grease a cookie sheet with oil, or Pam, and evenly distribute almonds onto it. Give the pan a little shake to spread the almonds out.
6. Bake for 20 minutes and then stir the nuts. Give the pan another gently shake before returning it to the oven. Repeat this step two more times, for a total bake time of one hour.